Phoenix Rising Equine Rescue and Sanctuary, a registered 501 (c) (3) non profit in southeastern CT, that rescues horses in dire need.
At Phoenix Rising Equine Rescue and Sanctuary, our mission is to rescue horses in need and provide them with protection for life. We open our farm to equines who have been abused, abandoned, neglected, and those who are in danger of slaughter. Each horse is surrounded by love, given care and rehabilitation, and safe-guarded always. Sanctuary is our focus.
We are a Safe Haven of Hope.
Phoenix Rising Equine Rescue and Sanctuary began in 2000. Susan Kreutter, President/Operator, founded the sanctuary after visiting a friend’s rescue. When Sue returned from that visit, two horses came with her. Soon after, two other rescues asked to send two additional horses to Sue. She cared for those horses on her father’s farm, Whispering Pines – a farm he later donated to the organization. Phoenix Rising was born. Sue continues this work in her father’s memory.
Did You Know ?!
- There are eighteen horses currently residing on the farm.
- Nineteen volunteers work each week to keep the horses healthy and safe.
- Our horses eat 50 pounds of grain per day.
- We feed out 8 bales of hay each day.
- We use 80 pounds of forage [chopped hay] per day.
- We fill [and empty] 8 wheelbarrows of manure each day.
We welcome visitors with an appointment.
Donations are appreciated!
If you wish to donate to help our horses, please visit our donations page.